06 June 2008

Middletown, CT

Riding in the rain sucks.

We were caught in a downpour this morning during our ride which left us soggy for the ridiculous hills that followed. But it was a learning experience about what we and our bikes could handle. I am so tired right now.

This trip has been fantastic thus far. I am lucky to be with a fantastic bunch of cyclists and volunteers. There will be pictures up here soon but for now I leave you because I am falling asleep in the Middletown library while I get the stinkeye from the old patrons who cannot understand why I have cornrows.

Oh. I have cornrows.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can only imagine how tired you must be! Joe and I are keeping grandsons Jack and Josh (ages 5 & 3) for 4 days and nights and we're tired, but we couldn't be nearly as tired as you. Glad to hear you're having a great time. Joe & Linda

Kari said...

Manm, cornrows...HOT. Too bad I can't see you right now.

Anonymous said...

Colin-It's Al (your cousin in case biking the higher elevations have caused memory loss), first time blogger ever so bear with me, I don't know where this comment may end up. Comment to your previous blog, poetry recommendations, anything by Art Van De Lay, his work may be out of print since the Seinfeld finale. Some irreverant travel writing picks you can go back to a family favorite, Bill Bryson's The Lost Continent, you may have read his stuff already (A Walk in the Woods, about the AT)but he's a fellow American Anglophile. I think it's in The Lost Continent where he can give you advice on dealing with any future "stinkeyes" from senior citizens. It involves an innovative use of a "rucksack". Well, pedal on and hammer on! We all love you! Love, Al

Anonymous said...

Also, I bet she didn't have stinkeye; it's just the way she looks.

Anonymous said...

dear colin,

we're all at gretchens rooting for you. lets see them pictures.

love,
us