09 June 2008

Stroudsburg, PA

It is hot!

For the past three days it has been over 97 degrees out -- this makes biking very tiring. Today we got up at 4:30 to try and beat the heat, which worked until about 11 when the temperature spiked again. I did swim in a creek though, which was nice.

I biked up Bear Mountain yesterday and across the bridge. I never thought I would have done that one day. Some of the best views are on the west bank of the Hudson just past West Point -- all should drive those winding roads.

It's just been hot. Really hot. So it goes.

Pictures to come. I promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would make me a very grumpy person.

Anonymous said...

Pennsylvania -- it's a beautiful (and hilly) state.

Heat waves like these aren't typical for this time of year and it should be ending tomorrow.. Try to stay cool, man.

PS: Vonnegut reference?? If so, hi ho.

Anonymous said...

I have a house near Stroudsburg--missed you by a few weeks though! Hope you're enjoying the trip...can't wait to hear more about it and get persuaded to do it next summer :)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What, no post in 4 days? Don't tell me you're tired at night? When passing through Western PA make sure you get a ham sandwich at Joe's. Tell em Mable sent ya.

Gretchen said...

I have skied Bear Mountain! This past week was horrible, and I am sorry that you had to bike through it. I have finished my US training in Philly and fly to Georgia tomorrow!! I am so excited!!! We're really doin' it guys! haha. Keep biking hard and when you are all finished up shoot me an email. I want to know the outcome, okay? Thanks, much appreciated. I miss you already slugger!

MADDD LOVE!

GRETCHFACE OUT.

Salvatore said...

I finally figured out your blog address...

How are the neck and wrists feeling. During my extended trips, they tend to hurt more than my legs etc.

Sounds like you're enjoying it. Fantastic stuff.