18 June 2008

Wellston, OH

I apologize for the lack of updates but it has been quite difficult to find good internet sources on the road. And I am usually ridiculously tired.

As you can see by my header we are in Ohio, The Buckeye State. This is the first state on our journey that I haven’t been to; cool, I suppose. We arrived yesterday in Marietta along the Ohio River. Now, 80 miles later, we are in Wellston, a former coal-mining town. Our host took us on a brief tour of the town; apparently the lack of coal production has really hurt this place. Their showers were nice so I am happy.

The hills seem to be subsiding. I know saying that means there will be many hills tomorrow but I couldn’t resist. Now the major problem is wind – it’s worse.

Everyone needs to witness the awesome power of my tan lines. They will change your life.

Now for some pictures (courtesy of Brent):












Our next day off (much needed) is in Louisville. If you have any cool Louisville stories let me know.

Pace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yooo colin you are like halfway across the country and that is super cool. josh groban- fun guy. you look hot in your shorts. yea, kari, you heard me.

we all miss you lots and hope you are having an amazing time- take more pictures they are great :) And if you aren't updating your blog i hope you are keeping a journal or something along those lines cause I am sure you are gonna have plenty of stories when you return!

Anonymous said...

I think your legs are smoother than mine.

And thanks Christen.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, looks gorgeous, your outfit's pretty sweet..and I'm gonna have to agree with Kari on this one :) Hope everything's going well!